ESL AGENT has chosen that official supplier of 2015 GEPIK
Teaching Jobs at Public Schools in Gyeonggi-do (Province)
Gyeonggi Province, the area immediately surrounding Seoul, has the highest demand for English education in all of Korea. This translates into a lot of ESL teaching jobs throughout the region. Teach Away was selected by the Gyeonggi Provincial Office of Education an official recruitment partner to recruit teachers for the renowned GEPIK program in Gyeonggi province.
What is GEPIK?
GEPIK stands for Gyeonggi English Program in Korea. It was established in 2003 in order to provide English education to the region. There are currently over 1,000 foreign ESL teachers working for GEPIK.
Who is Eligible?
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of an English speaking country (Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom)
- Native English Speaker
- Have a completed Bachelor’s Degree from a University or College in an English speaking country
Why work for GEPIK?
GEPIK offers many benefits that are unavailable in other areas of Korea. In addition to the standard benefits of free flight, accommodation and one month severance pay, GEPIK teachers also receive the following benefits:
- Salary is 10%-20% higher than in other public schools
- Vacation time is 20 days instead of the common 14 days offered in other public schools, or 10 days offered in private schools
- Settlement allowance of 300,000 KRW for all teachers
- Proximity to Seoul and access to Seoul Subway System
- City and rural placements available (bonus for teaching in a rural area)
GEPIK Benefits and Salary
English teachers in Gyeonggi Province are entitled to many benefits including the following:
- Free single housing (utilities not included)
- Free flight (reimbursed upon arrival in Korea)
- Orientation and training
- Airport pickup
- Settlement allowance
- One month salary at the completion of the contract
- Paid vacation of 20 working days + 13-15 national holidays
- 50% medical insurance and pension contribution